C.V.M. – Compagnia Venezia Murano
The company was founded in 1877,dealing with the most prestigious firms, including the great names of French glass, Galle’ and Daum.
. In the first post-war period the firm dealt usually in the products of the main Murano galls factories, often marking the items in acid with the letters C.V.M. surmounted by a crown. In 1920 it merged with Pauly & Co.
The firm also had its own production lines and it appeared as an exhibitor at the 1932 Venice Biennale, presenting three animal figures and a vase and cover, on the design of Flavio Poli.
In 1933 Mr. Ceschina, the firm’s principal bought out the trademark of M.V.M. Cappellin & Co. together with what remained of this illustrious firm, and it is perhaps for this reason that objects are now sometimes found with the twin signature in the acid: M.V.M. Cappellin & Co. and C.V.M. In thesecond post-war period all its own production ceased while it specialised in selling high-quality products made by both Murano and foreign glassworks. For the Czechoslovak market it was considered the largest importer in the world so that, together with objects signed by Alfredo Barbini and Livio Seguso we can admire works by Libensky and Moser. In the early 80s.
The C.V.M. firm is still active and operates in the commercial sector.